After carving your party perfect Wingstop pumpkins using our stencils, you’re probably thinking, “what do I do with all these pumpkin seeds?” Don’t worry, Wingsider, we’ve got you covered.
Take those pumpkin seeds and infuse them with flavor for an on-the-go fall snack or the next big hit at your HalloWING party. Follow the steps below to flavor.
- A side or two of your favorite sauce or dry rub
- 1 cup of pumpkin seeds
- Two tablespoons olive oil
- Dash of salt
- Large bowl
- Paper towels
- Clean pumpkin seeds using warm water and a strainer.
- Spread the seeds out on paper towels and leave them to dry.
- While you wait, head over to your Wingstop and pick up a side or two of your favorite sauce, maybe even a ten-piece while you’re at it (winky emoji).
Chef’s tip: “I recommend using one of our dry rubs, like lemon pepper or cajun. Our fry seasoning is another great flavor alternative.”
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once your seeds are dry, place them in a large bowl with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a dash of salt and then sauce and toss with your flavor of choice. Remember, the art of the toss is all in the arm and the curve of the bowl not the wrist!
- Place the seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the seeds have a nice crunch when you bite into them.
Here at our Restaurant Support Center (RSC), we made Lemon Pepper, Cajun and Fry pumpkin seeds and our Wing Experts went crazy for the crunchy flavor. Try them at home and let us know which flavor remix is your favorite. Tag us @Wingstop on social media and flex your creativity.